Honestly these are just so quick, so good and almost good for you! (no, not really, but compared to the alternative) (Seriously, I used dates and agave instead of sugar) So essentially you really have no excuse not to make them…
They were also easy, store really well, and have a ton of plant based protein. Three cheers.
Also, I promise I don’t only eat desserts or things that are molded into balls although I am acknowledging that there’s a theme here… Tbh I think I just like food processing things cuz I’m lazy and also maybe the fact that I can eat them in one bite because again, I am #lazy. Seriously though last time I made these I just ate them out of the fridge with a spoon and it was delightful so feel free to do that too.
*The first time I made these I really couldn’t get over the fact that this was just chocolate chip hummus and therefore couldn’t really get behind the texture but the second time around I used dates and that made a world of difference
Recipe ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
- can of chicpeas (rinse and drain)
- 1/4 cup of nut butter (I use cashew because it tastes the most neutral imo)
- 1/4 cup agave or brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 7 medjool dates
- a ton of chocolate chips (1/4-1/2 cups)
- salt to taste
- food process, refrigerate until set, roll, EAT (or save in the fridge if you have self control)
- *** I put some flour on my hands to make rolling them easier!
*If you’re trying to get extra fancy you could also roll these in cocoa powder, coconut, etc. or dip them in chocolate. SO. VERSATILE.